Following are 16 questions to ask a potential realtor...
- How long have you been an active, full-time realtor in my neighbourhood?
- What's the average amount of time one of your listings is on the market before it sells?
- How does your average sale price compare to the original price?
- How many homes are you currently marketing?
- What kind of property do you specialize in?
- What can you tell me about your share of the marketplace compared to other realtors in the area?
- Do you have a personal staff?
- How will you market my home?
- Will you help me stage my home?
- How will you keep me informed?
- What listing price would you recommend for my home and how did you arrive at that price?
- What's your pricing/marketing philosophy 30, 60 and 90 days down the road?
- What's your commission on a sale?
- What professional organizations do you belong to?
- Do you have an evaluation that I can review?
- Do you have any questions for me?
And one to ask yourself...
17. Am I comfortable with this person?